Certificate III in Investigative Services

You will need to apply for your Unique Student Identifier number. 

You can then apply for a course to study Certificate III in Investigative Services either in a classroom (recommended if you have no previous experience) or online. If you have served as a Police Officer, you can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and if your service was in the UK, then Contact Us for guidance.

Police Checks

If you are a migrant, you will need to apply for a Police Check in any other countries you have lived in. For example, if you are from the UK, you will need to apply to the CRO here , where you can now pay by EFT. You may need your fingerprints taking first, which we can do for you. The certificate will probably take weeks to come through. If you have lived in several countries, it is recommended that you contact your Police Licensing Section to find out how far back they want you to go. You do not need to apply for a Police Check in Australia, that will be done automatically when you submit the application for your licences.


Before following the instructions here in order to get your licences through WAPOL at Cannington and have your fingerprints taken by them, it is recommended you telephone Jan Ross on 0488 184 459 for some procedural guidance. The licences take 3-4 weeks to come through.

What many trainers neglect to tell you right from the start, is that without an Inquiry Agent’s Licence, your Investigator’s Licence is a waste of time and money. Due to the inconsistencies in the industry (no-one can predict when or where an investigation will be required), no company will employ you full or part-time, it is all subcontract work. In order to advertise your services or simply supply your resume in response to someone else’s advert, you need an Inquiry Agent’s Licence. In WA, this entails taking an open book multiple choice test, which you take at the Licensing Section. See this link https://www.police.wa.gov.au/About-Us/Our-Agency/Police-Licensing-Services/Security/Licence-applications#Inquiry_Agent_Licence  for further conditions

Process Serving

You do not need any licences to be a Process Server, you just need a driving licence, a vehicle, a mobile phone, a computer and printer/scanner. The role entails visiting residential or business premises, serving Court Documents, completing an Affidavit of Service and then signing it in the presence of a Justice of the Peace. Full guidance will be provided.

Current Opportunities

We currently cover the Greater Perth Area from Jurien Bay to Moora, Koorda, Merredin, Narrogin, Albany, Denmark, Walpole, Bunbury to Rottnest Island, however, we are looking to extend our network throughout Western Australia and nationally.

If have your own ABN, have permission to work in Australia, and you wish to apply to become a subcontractor, please Contact us today.